Are you still new to the idea of having an electric fireplace? If you are, you should consider. Unlike the traditional fireplace found in most homes, an electric fireplace hosts a number of benefits for the homeowner. In this article, we’re going to be talking about the reasons why you should consider buying an electric fireplace and ditching the old one you might have.
An electric fireplace has numerous benefits to your home and health
- There’s no smoke – when it comes to an electric fireplace, you will not find any smoke. Although some models are made to look like the traditional fireplace, there is no smoke involved. Fireplaces made with electric parts are mainly driven by heating elements. This means there is no combustion as part of the process of making heat. Also, if there’s no smoke, that means there is no health risks. Carbon monoxide can irritate the lungs and could cause cancer. It’s a dangerous compromise. Many electricians would advise on buying electrical fireplaces instead.
- Energy efficient – if you’re wondering how electric fireplaces became more efficient, you should consider how heat is generated. With burning logs on a traditional fireplace, a lot of energy is wasted and you would need to constantly burn logs and you can’t stop it once it starts burning. On the other hand, electric fireplaces can be switch on or off on a press of a button. Now only that, it is far more efficient as the heat is generated on demand. A feature that your local electrician in North Myrtle Beach would highly recommend.
- Cost efficient – other than being energy-efficient, electric fireplaces are cost-efficient as well. When you sum it all up, you will pay less to generate the same heat all year round than you would with a traditional fireplace. What’s even better is that you could just turn it on or off when you want.
- Low maintenance – if there’s one thing that homeowners like about electric fireplaces is the low maintenance. You don’t need to clean the soot every now and then because there is none to begin with. There is little to no maintenance at all. You would need the services of an electrician for the installation but that’s about it. You really don’t need anything else. Once it’s set up, all you need is to have it maintained and you’re good to go.
- Easy installation – you will need the help of an electrician to have your electric fireplace installed if you want it to be flush against the wall. However, the process is not that complicated at all. There are stand-alone electric fireplaces that you can just plug in the wall and turn on.
- Increases safety – despite being called an electric fireplace, you don’t really have that much of risk of having a fire. In fact, you are more likely to have a fire with the traditional fireplace.
You may or may not need the services of an electrician for the installation of an electric fireplace. However, when the need arises, always look for the experts like NMB Electrician Pros.
Call NMB Electrician Pros if you are looking for a reliable electrician in your area.
NMB Electrician Pros
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582